I always find that the hardest part of any project is getting started. Once that first great idea is written down everything else flows after it. I find that this is the key part of starting any project. I think that I’ve started off really well here but that’s purely objective.
We’re just beyond the halfway point of January and let’s take a look at what this blog has accomplished:
1. It’s been a good journal for tracking my progress and keeping myself motivated to keep writing
2. I’ve been able to touch on almost any topic that comes to mind
3. It’s kept my idea’s flowing and has allowed me to finish a short story.
Not to bad, and so far it seems like it’s doing what it’s supposed to. But let’s look at making this blog successful and for that we need to narrow the stream of what this blog is going to consist of. One of the things that I really want to focus on is my writing, so I’m going to commit to having at least one story posted per week, this way I have the ability to either write a new chapter or have a completed short story ready for public reading/critique.
The second point of focus is to actually find a point of focus for my blog. Most of the times I have the need to rant so that’s one of my topics, but there has to be something else. Sure ranting is fun, but there has to be something more than just the random tirade.
This is what I propose, I will use this blog to:
1. Rant about something that’s bugging me or bugging you, this way I can pull from my everyday experiences and still be able to just tangent to my heart’s content.
2. New experiences. New restaurants, adventures, and just new places that I’ve been to and how they’ve made me feel.
3. and lastly, my stories. One new story per week should keep me busy enough that I can focus on my writing without getting too overwhelmed.
What do you think?